Thomas George Fuller DSC (3) was born at Ottawa Ontario, son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Fuller of Ottawa. His father was the Dominion architect who designed and built post offices across Canada.

In 1939 when Fuller enlisted in the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN), he was 32 years old and a successful building contractor. He sold his interest in Fuller Construction to his partner and launched what would be an especially brilliant career in the wartime navy. The RCN loaned Fuller to the Royal Navy. With them his war time duties included commanding the 61st Gunboat Flotilla, a force of eight torpedo gunboats.

Fullerís skill and daring resulted in the capture of dozens of enemy cargo ships carrying tons of useful cargo. During a busy period, his flotilla sank or captured 25 ships in 10 days. Fuller and his flotilla lost 13 boats during WW 2, either burned or sunk from enemy action.

Before WW2 ended, Captain Fuller was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross (DSC) on three different occasions. On one of those occasions, he found a 22 ship German convoy slipping through the dark in two columns. Fuller kicked open the three huge Packard engines in his Motor Torpedo Boat and at full speed with his guns blazing, ran the gauntlet between the columns. Germans returned fire which hit their own ships.

In the resulting confusion, Fuller slipped away and left the German navy firing on itself. This was one of the actions that won him a DSC.

In 1945 Captain Fuller commanded HMCS Naden, the land based ship in British Columbia. Returning to Ottawa in 1946 he resumed his construction interests, eventually creating the Fuller Group of Companies which were responsible for dozens of projects in Ontario and the Maritimes.

Captain Fuller, a brilliant navy veteran, one of Canadaís war time heroes, and a major player in building and land development in eastern Canada, passed away in Ottawa in May 1994. Captain Fuller and wife Jeanne had five sons (Simon, Bill, Tom , Mark and Tony) and one daughter (Victoria).