Ernest Arthur Glover DFC was born at Niagara Falls, Ontario (ON), son of James Glover and Clara Glover of Toronto. He was educated in Toronto and in December 1940, enlisted in the RCAF and received air crew instruction at Hamilton (Mount Hope) and at No. 14 Service Flying Training School at Aylmer ON, where he graduated as a pilot.

After arriving overseas, he received further training before being posted to No. 1 fighter Squadron flying Hurricane aircraft on intruder and night fighter operations.

In 1942 he converted to Typhoons at Acklington. In May 1943 while on his 98th operational mission, he was downed by flak at St. Omar, France. The Germans held him prisoner at Stalag Luft III until the war was over in 1945.

After working at Dominion Bridge in Montreal, and reforming 117 Air Cadet Squadron, he re-enlisted in the RCAF in 1948 and went to Chatham, New Brunswick. For two years he ran the Ground Approach Unit at Montreal (St. Hubert) airport.

He took flying training on Vampire jets in 1951 and served with 416 Squadron at Ottawa (Uplands) airport. Later he served with 413 squadron at Bagotville, Quebec.

In June 1952 he was promoted to flight lieutenant and posted to Korea where joined the American 334 Fighter Interceptor Squadron.

During the Korean War of 1950-1953, more than 20 RCAF fighter pilots were attached to the United States Air Force fighter wings flying Sabre Jets and these men destroyed nine MIG-15 enemy fighters. The leading RCAF scorer was Flight Lieutenant Glover with three enemy fighters destroyed.

On October 18, 1952, he completed his tour of 58 combat operations. For his achievements, he was awarded the Commonwealth Distinguished Service Cross (DFC). The citation reads as follows:

"Flight Lieutenant Glover, while attached to the United States Air Force, Fourth fighter Interceptor Wing, in the Korean theatre, displayed the most commendable aggressive spirit coupled with excellent fighting ability. Because of his above average qualities as a combat pilot he was rapidly promoted to flight leader and whilst so employed, completed his duties with distinction, valour and merit. During his tour of duty he destroyed three MIG-15 aircraft and seriously damaged two others. This excellent record not only brings credit to Flight Lieutenant Glover, but has greatly enhanced the reputation of the Royal Canadian Air Force."

He was also decorated with the American DFC, for his distinguished work.

Glover retired from the RCAF in 1972 and settled in Frankford, ON. He died on 9 September 1991 in hospital at Belleville ON.