Redford Henry Mulock CBE DSO (2) was born in Peterborough, Ontario, and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba, son of W.R. Mulock KC and Mrs. Mulock. He was a science graduate of McGill University, Montreal. At home his acquaintances called him "Red" Mulock.

After he arrived overseas in the UK with the Canadian Field Artillery in the Canadian Expeditionary Force he held the rank of "Lieutenant" and was called "Canada" Mulock. In January 1915, he transferred to the Royal Naval Air Service (RNAS). In March 1915, he became the first Canadian in the RNAS to receive a pilotís licence.

On July 8th, 1915, he joined No. 1 Naval Wing, equipped with single engine, two-seater Nieuports and began flying such various missions as fighter patrols, bombing sorties and photographic reconnaissance flights. During this posting he earned the reputation of being the first Canadian to attack a submarine and the first to spot for artillery at night, using parachute flares.

On January 24, 1916, he shot down his first enemy aircraft and two days later shot down another. In March he was credited with probably destroying three more enemy planes. Also in March he was named as a flight commander in C Squadron.

In June, 1916, he was awarded his first Distinguished Service Order (DSO). His citation reads as follows:

"This officer has been constantly employed at Dunkirk since July 1915, and has displayed indefatigable zeal and energy. He has on several occasions engaged hostile airplanes and attacked seaplanes and attacked submarines, and has carried attacks on enemy air stations, and made long distance reconnaissances."

In the winter of 1916-17, Mulock took over as Commanding Officer of the newly formed No. 3 Naval Squadron. Prior to September 1917, when he left the squadron to take charge of rebuilding the RNAS depot at St. Pol, No. 3 Squadron claimed 80 successful combats, flying their Sopwith Pups aircraft.

In March of 1918, Mulock was posted to Dunkirk Headquarters. On April 1, 1918, the Royal Flying Corps was merged with the RNAS to become the newly formed Royal Air Force (RAF). In that same month, Mulock was awarded his second DSO for distinguished service during his posting at Dunkirk Headquarters.

In June 1918, the RAF No. 82 Bomber Wing was formed with Mulock as the CO. Its mission was to bomb targets in Belgium and northwest Germany.

In May 1919, he was demobilized from the RAF after being the only Canadian to be named as a Commander, Order of the British Empire (CBE) in recognition of his wartime services. He had been twice "Mentioned in Despatches". Also the Government of France named him a Chevalier of the Legion of Honour.

After the end of WW 1, based in Montreal, Mulock was an outstanding pioneer in the Canadian aviation business. In the Spring of 1929 he assumed control over International Airways and Canadian Airways. His group was shortly enlarged by the acquisition of Fairchild Airways, based at Grand MŤre, Quťbec, which became Inter-provincial Airways. Later, Transcontinental Airways, which operated air mail service along the north shore of the St. Lawrence River was added to the group.

Prior to and during WW2, Mulock served in the Reserve RCAF and became an Honorary Air Commodore member of the Honorary Advisory Air Council. He died in Montreal in January 1961.